SLAA will host the 2022 Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) Course in the spring and fall. Earning the CALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management. Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet, and often their only gauge of the property staff. This course is designed to teach these professionals skills to help them become top producers.
To obtain the CALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of seven CALP courses
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
2022 Class Schedule
- The spring course will take place on March 15, 16, & 17, and the exam will be administred on March 22nd. (Class orientation on March 11th 10:00am-10:30am)
- The fall course will take place on November 8, 9 & 10, and the exam will be administered on November 14th. (Class orientation on November 3rd 10:00am-10:30am)
- Bringing in New Residents: Be Prepared
- Marketing & Maintaining Your Community
- Why Your Competition Matters
- Relevant Laws & How to Apply Them
- The Sales Process & Building Relationships
- Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents
- Market Analysis for Leasing Consultants
Other important information
- Classes are held from 8:30-4:00 each day at the SLAA office.
- eBooks will be purchased for each student by SLAA. Students will receive an eBook confirmation and will need to download the eBook onto their personal laptop or tablet prior to class. If you prefer a hard copy of your student book as well, there will be an additional charge of $30.00.
- Please be sure to bring your power and extension cord with you to class each day.
- Light snacks and beverages are provided, and students are allowed 30 minutes for lunch each day
If you are interested in this course, you have 3 payment options. The cost of this course is $425.00.
- When you register, you must pay the $100.00 deposit to hold your seat.
- Then you can pay you balance of $325.00 one week prior to the course beginning
- Or, you can pay the full fee of $425.00 when you register.
- Full payment is due one week prior to class - payment must be received in order to purchase eBook.
The St. Louis Apartment Association follows the guidelines set by the CDC. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask at our events/classes. However, if you are not vaccinated, please continue to follow the COVID guidelines.
- Stay 6 feet away from one another.
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands
- Do not shake hands
For More Information:
Saint Louis, MO 63141 314.205.8844