The St. Louis Apartment Association was chartered in 1976 for the purpose of advancing the general welfare of the multifamily housing industry within the Metropolitan St. Louis area.
Why should multifamily companies join SLAA?
With your membership in the St. Louis Apartment Association (SLAA) you have many benefits available to you. When you join SLAA, you become a member of the National Apartment Association (NAA), and the Missouri Apartment Association (MAA).
With this comes many benefits, which are outlined below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the SLAA office at 314.205.8844, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SLAA develops and organizes educational programs and seminars and other educational forums for the benefit of the members and the industry.
- SLAA, in conjunction with the National Apartment Association offers designate courses. These courses are designed to help raise the professionalism in property management and provide better services to apartment renters and owners.
SLAA members limit their liability by keeping abreast of the latest legislative issues and regulatory compliance. A portion of your dues pays for the services of our lobbyist in Jefferson City, who lobbies on the behalf of the multifamily housing industry. Each year, staff and board members visit Capitol Hill in Washington to review industry issues and policies.
SLAA members promote the enactment and enforcement of local, state, and federal laws and regulations beneficial to the multi-housing industry and free enterprise.
Through its Legislative Committee, SLAA is keeping members informed of proposed changes in laws that will directly affect your property. We monitor relevant issues, property taxation, building codes and restrictions and landlord/tenant relationships.
Networking with your industry peers is a valuable resource. SLAA hosts a variety of educational programs and special events that members are encouraged to attend.
- Our Fall Expo and Seminar typically takes place in October of each year. Educational seminars, networking and the opportunity to meet the people behind the business is what you can expect at this event. Attendees tour a fabulous gallery of displays and meet vendors from down the street and national vendors from across the country. Typically an educational seminar is offered in conjunction with this event.
- Our Business Networking Expo takes place in July of each year. Typically 15 management companies are represented. Vendor members have the opportunity to confirm a five-minute face-to-face meeting with the management company representatives of their choice.
- Our Rising Star Awards Banquet is typically in April of each year. This is our premiere event of the year, giving members the opportunity to acknowledge their hardworking team members who make it all happen.
Join SLAA Today!