Community Manager - Broadmoor Group
The Broadmoor Group is currently seeking a full-time Community Manager in St. Louis, MO.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a strong 60- year history and a promote-from-within company culture.
Proven experience of working independently is desired.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for advancement.
Visit our website at www.broadmoorgroup.net.
Broadmoor Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description The Community Manager manages the day-to-day operations of an assigned property including managing the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
To supervise all phases of on-site operations:
- Handles emergency situations.
- Develops and implements new strategies and programs designed to ensure long-term residency.
- Oversees collection of revenues and handles delinquent accounts.
- Makes regular inspections of apartment community.
- Handles evictions and landlord liens.
- For all on-site personnel, is responsible for training and job performance.
- Assists in the hiring and evaluation of hourly personnel.
- Determines transitions and promotions for on-site personnel.
- Adheres to and implements all company policies.
- Audits the lease files.
- Implements scheduled rent increases.
- Oversees payment of invoices.
- Assists in budget preparation.
- Monitors parking lot for unauthorized vehicles.
- Motivates staff.
- Informs residents of work progress or delays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of business discipline are required.
- 3+ years’ experience in multifamily property management, including management level.
- Experience with luxury properties and amenities desired.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably the RealPage suite of products including OneSite).
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to hire, lead, direct, evaluate, and manage subordinate and team members, including maintenance specialists.