Heating - Gas and Electric:
Duplicate class offered. If you can't make the morning, how about the afternoon class! (Make sure you register accordingly)
October 12th - 8:30 am-11:30 am OR 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
This class is FREE for SLAA members
This 3-hour class is an introduction and overview to the basics of design, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of both gas-fired and electric central air heating systems. Components for both electric and gas fired systems will be identified and detailed in their operation and diagnostics. Safety and preventative maintenance processes for traditional designs will be covered, and alternate types of systems such as baseboard electric and hydronic equipment can be discussed at the student’s request.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- Lock-out/Tag-out for gas and electric utilities
- Safe work practices common to heating diagnostics and repairs
- The operation of typical electric and gas heating systems
- Identification and operation of typical components of heating systems
- Installation and operation of thermostats to control and run heating systems
- Preventative maintenance and troubleshooting techniques
- The dangers associated with Carbon Monoxide and its sources
Terry Wilkes from HD Supply will be teaching this class.
With over 30 years’ experience in the brewery industry Terry is no stranger to being a part of a winning team and working safely. Since joining the HD Supply training team Terry is adept in appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems. When Terry isn’t training he can be found enjoying what he once helped brew years ago.