Certified Apartment Supplier Course (CAS)
SOLD OUT - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist
SLAA will host the 2023 Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) Course. The CAS Course will work in conjunction with the CAM Courses offered from September 6 - September 28th.
Earning CAS allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Complete the Supplier Success Course
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
CAS Class Details
You will be required to complete 2 parts for this credential.
Part 1 will cost $325: You will need to attend 26 hours of in class coursework. There are certain topics that NAA requires you to learn: Financial Management, Risk Management, Legal Responsibilities, and The Resident Experience, and Industry Essentials (optional, but highly recommended). All these courses are offered through our CAM course.
Part 2 will cost $125: You will have to take an online class called Supplier Success. This part is paid and taken directly through NAA:
Once you complete both Parts 1 and 2, you will be able to sit for the final exam.
Other important information
- Classes are held on Wednesday and Thursday from approximately 8:30 am – 4:00 pm in the SLAA office.
- eBooks will be purchased for each student by SLAA. Students will receive an eBook confirmation and will need to download the eBook onto their personal laptop or tablet prior to class. There is an option for students to print out the entire book. Please be sure to bring your power and extension cord with you to class each day.
- Light snacks and beverages are provided, and students are allowed one (1) hour for lunch each day
(Pricing for nonmembers is different, please contact the SLAA office at 314-205-8844)
SLAA's Event Cancellation Policy:
- Deadline to register for events is 10 days prior, unless otherwise noted. After the deadline date, refunds are not available for any event.
- Cancellations must be received by the deadline date, otherwise payment will be expected.
- No-shows the day of the seminar will be expected to pay the total fee.
- Due to event expenses, no-shows to “FREE” seminars will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.