Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) - Winter Session
SLAA will host the 2023 Certified Apartment Managers (CAM) Course in winter and fall this year, providing the interest level is present. Earning your CAM credential allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals.
Our winter class begins on January 25th, concludes on February 16th.
Mandatory Class Orientation will be on January 23rd @ 10:00am (zoom call)
Other important information
- Classes are held on Wednesday and Thursday from approximately 8:30 am – 4:00 pm in the SLAA office (In Person Class: January 25, 26, February 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16)
- eBooks will be purchased for each student by SLAA. Students will receive an eBook confirmation and will need to download the eBook onto their personal laptop or tablet prior to class. There is an option for students to print out the entire book. Please be sure to bring your power and extension cord with you to class each day.
- Light snacks and beverages are provided, and students are given 30 minutes for lunch each day
The cost of this course is $650.00.
Full payment is due one week prior to class - payment must be received in order to purchase eBook.
(Pricing/registration for nonmembers is different, please contact the SLAA office at 314-205-8844)
This course is recommended for community managers and experienced assistant managers only. Having knowledge of your property’s operations/financial/budget is important as well.
To obtain the CAM credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Meet all examination standards within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
- Course curriculum totals approximately 40 hours (first 6 days), and the 7th day of class is a mandatory review and a 4-hour exam.
Before you register for this dynamic course, it is a requirement to complete the CAM Self-Assessment tool below. Please forward the results to Deb in the SLAA office at email@example.com. This tool will help you and SLAA to determine if you are ready to successfully complete all the course requirements.
SLAA's Event Cancellation Policy:
- Deadline to register for events is 10 days prior, unless otherwise noted. After the deadline date, refunds are not available for any event.
- Cancellations must be received by the deadline date, otherwise payment will be expected.
- No-shows the day of the seminar will be expected to pay the total fee.
- Due to event expenses, no-shows to “FREE” seminars will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.