Good afternoon SLAA members:
As you know, the following guidelines were communicated by St. Louis officials' on Sunday, March 15 due to COVID-19.
From County Executive Dr. Sam Page
Tonight I am amending my executive order to limit crowd sizes to 50 people. This decision is based on CDC guidance and was made in coordination with other regional leaders.
From St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson
Effective immediately and for the next eight weeks, all scheduled events and social gatherings with more than 50 people in attendance are prohibited in St. Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Madison County, IL & St. Clair County, IL as recommended by the CDC.
With that said, upcoming events impacted are rescheduled as follows -
- New Member Lunch & Learn, rescheduled to Thursday, May 28, 11:30 - 1:00 pm
- EPA, Section 608 Training, rescheduled to Thursday, April 23 and 30, 12:30 - 4:30 pm each day. (This class has less than 50 attendees, will be in a large classroom to allow social distancing). This event will be closely monitored and the date could change again.
- NALP Course - rescheduled to Wednesday, May 20 & Thursday, May 21 (8:30 - 4:00 both days)
- Electrical Troubleshooting, rescheduled to April 23, 9 - Noon. This event will be closely monitored and the date could change again.
- Rising Star Nominee Celebration - waiting for potential new date from Sybergs
- Rising Star Awards Banquet has been rescheduled to Friday evening, August 7th. As you can imagine, available dates were limited. The board and committee agreed, the later, the better, hoping COVID - 19 has left our city.
Reminder: Up-to-date event information is available at slaa.org. And, of course I will keep everyone posted if changes occur.
Stay safe and healthy!