HVAC Maintenance & Repair (AC) AM & PM Classes
Air Conditioning Mechanical and Electrical:
AM and PM classes are offered. Be sure to register for the correct time.
January 19th - 9:00am - 12:00pm OR 1:00pm - 4:00pm
This 3-hour course is an introduction and overview for HVAC technicians, regardless of skill level. The course begins with discussing air conditioning systems and the fundamentals of the “refrigeration cycle”. We will also review the 4 major components of an AC system, how they work, and how to maintain them.
Lastly, the class will cover topics such as preventative maintenance (tools and techniques), and the troubleshooting skills needed to work on and operate equipment typically found in a multifamily facility.
Topics covered in this class will include:
Safety procedures – Lock out/Tag out
- The basic AC-Refrigeration cycle
- The electrical and mechanical components of an Air Conditioning System
- Schematic design of components (control and operating circuits)
- Preventative Maintenance
- Troubleshooting common problems with Air Conditioning systems
Terry Wilks from HD Supply will be teaching this class.
With over 30 years’ experience in the brewery industry Terry is no stranger to being a part of a winning team and working safely. Since joining the HD Supply training team Terry is adept in appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems. When Terry isn’t training he can be found enjoying what he once helped brew years ago.
SLAA's Event Cancellation Policy
- Deadline to register for events is 10 days prior, unless otherwise noted. After the deadline date, refunds are not available for any event.
- Cancellations must be received by the deadline date, otherwise payment will be expected.
- No-shows the day of the seminar will be expected to pay the total fee.
- Due to event expenses, no-shows to “FREE” seminars will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.