Ronnette Smith, Trainer, Zeffert & Associates
Learning objectives for this seminar include -
Civil Rights Act – 1866
• 13th Amendment
• 14th Amendment
Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Title VI - prohibits discrimination in housing with federally funded programs
Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII – Fair Housing Act
• Established protected classes: Race, Color, Religion, National Origin
• 1974 – Added Sex
• 1988 – Handicap and Familial Status
New construction requirements in design standards
Expanded HUD’s Role
What is discrimination
• Review of the seven Federal Protected classes
• Additional Protected Classes: State, City, Local
What is Sexual Harassment
• DOJ 2017 Initiative
Prohibited Actions Defined
• Blockbusting, Steering, Redlining, Refusing to rent, Discriminatory conditions
Advertising Do’s and Don’t’s
Disparate Impact Defined
Crime Free and Nuisance Ordinances
Disability Civil Rights Laws
Section 504; FHAA (Fair Housing Amendments Act); ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
• Reasonable Accommodation and Reasonable Modification
Importance of Clear and Written Policies
Thank you for registering for our upcoming Fair Housing Seminar, scheduled for May 18th.
- An email address for each attendee must be provided during registration.
- If you have more than 10 attendee, you may email the list to email@example.com. Be sure each name has their email address noted.
- A link will be provided by Zeffert, typically one day prior to the virtual live class. If you don't receive the link by Monday, May 17, please check your spam/trash folder. If you cannot locate it, please call Karen at the SLAA office at 314-205-8844.
- A course manual will be provided as a PDF one day prior to the virtual live class. Again, if you don't receive the manual, please check your spam/trash folder for the manual provided by Zeffert.
For More Information:
Saint Louis, MO 63141 314.205.8844