Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) - SOLD OUT, waitlist options
Class is sold out, however email Deb@slaa.org to inquire about the waitlist!
SLAA will host the 2021 Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) Course. The CAS Course will work in conjunction with the CAM Courses offered in winter, spring, and fall.
Earning CAS allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Complete the Supplier Success Course
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
2021 Class Details
You will be required to complete 2 parts for this credential.
Part 1: You will need to attend 26 hours of in class coursework. There are certain topics that NAA requires you to learn: Financial Management, Risk Management, Legal Responsibilities, and The Resident Experience, and Industry Essentials (optional, but highly recommended). All these coursed are offered through our CAM course.
Part 2: You will have to take an online class called Supplier Success. This will cost $116 – here is the link for more details:
Once you complete both Parts 1 and 2, you will be able to sit for the final exam.
St. Louis Apartment Association’s
Class Social Distancing Requirements
- Classes will be limited to 8 students
- Temperatures will be taken each day when student arrives
- Attendance waiver must be signed by each student
- Masks are required to be worn during class and while walking around the building.
- Enter and exit through the SLAA office
- If you are not feeling well (fever, headache, etc.) any day of class, please stay home. We will handle that issue if it happens.
Other important information
- Classes are held on Wednesday and Thursday from approximately 8:30 am – 4:00 pm in the SLAA office.
- eBooks will be purchased for each student by SLAA. Students will receive an eBook confirmation and will need to download the eBook onto their personal laptop or tablet prior to class. There is an option for students to print out the entire book. Please be sure to bring your power and extension cord with you to class each day.
- Light snacks and beverages are provided, and students are allowed one (1) hour for lunch each day
Pricing for the CAS Course:
Part 1 will cost $300, which you will pay to the SLAA. This price includes your eBook, attendance of 3 days of classes, and sitting for your final exam.
- When you register, you must pay the $100.00 deposit to hold your seat.
- Or, you can pay the full fee of $300.00 when you register.
- Full payment is due one week prior to class - payment must be received in order to purchase eBook.
Part 2 will cost $116 and you will buy it off the Visto website.
In total, the class will cost $416.00
(Pricing for nonmembers is different, please contact the SLAA office at 314-205-8844)
2021 CAM Class Schedule
- The 2021 winter course will begin on January 20, concluding on or around February 10.
- The 2021 spring course will begin on March 17, concluding on or around April 8th.
- The 2021 fall class will begin on September 8, concluding on or around September 30th.
For More Information:
Saint Louis, MO 63141 314.205.8844