Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) Course
Class Details: This is a 4-day class (2 days in October and 2 days in November)
All classes will begin promptly at 8:30am and end at 4:30 each day. There will be a 30 minute break for lunch, which is included in your registration fee.
October 10 & 11 Plumbing, Electric, and Appliances
November 7 & 8, HVAC & Interior/Exterior
CAMT Soft Skills Training – “A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Technician”. Students will be responsible for completing this portion of the CAMT class online. They will have access to this from the start of class and will need to finish it before taking their final exam.
Final Exam will be scheduled for November 13th - times will be discussed on the first day of class.
You'll learn about:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors.
Class cost $675.00
(Pricing for nonmembers is different, please contact the SLAA office at 314-205-8844)
The CAMT program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system.
SLAA's Event Cancellation Policy
- Deadline to register for events is 10 days prior, unless otherwise noted. After the deadline date, refunds are not available for any event.
- Cancellations must be received by the deadline date, otherwise payment will be expected.
- No-shows the day of the seminar will be expected to pay the total fee.
- Due to event expenses, no-shows to “FREE” seminars will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.