Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) - SOLD OUT!
SOLD OUT! - Please contact Deb@slaa.org for waitlist options
Earning your Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence, and earns you respect.
All classes will begin promptly at 8:30am and end at 4:30 each day. There will be a 30 minute break for lunch, which will be provided by the SLAA.
October 5 & 6, Plumbing, Electric, and Appliances
November 2 & 3, HVAC & Interior/Exterior
CAMT Soft Skills Training – “A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Technician”. Students will be responsible for completing this portion of the CAMT class online. They will have access to this from the start of class and will need to finish it before taking their final exam.
Final Exam date will be discussed and confirmed on the 1st day of class.
You'll learn about:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors.
Class cost $650.00
A $100.00 deposit is required to save your seat, then the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the start of class.
You may also pay the full $650 at time of registration.
(Pricing for nonmembers is different, please contact the SLAA office at 314-205-8844)
The CAMT program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system.
This course will be taught by Chadwell University!
A big thank you to Chadwell Supply for helping us
conduct this class!