Residential Maintenance Supervisor - RKW Residential
To apply go to Indeed under Rivergate KW Residential
Job Title: Residential Maintenance Supervisor
Wage/Hour Status: Choose an item.
Report to: Property Manager
Position Supervision: Maintenance Staff
Location: Choose an item.
Summary: The Residential Maintenance Supervisor - HVAC performs (or coordinates as authorized) all maintenance activities of apartment community(ies) including repairs, preventative maintenance and installations in a timely manner and according to company policies and procedures in order to maximize the property’s occupancy and return-on-investment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (gas or electric - varies by property)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Tile, carpet, flooring, walls, ceiling fans, interior/exterior lights
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Water heaters, boiler, gas and electric (varies by property)
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mail boxes, and locks
- Ceiling leaks, water irrigation systems, pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Maintains proper levels of inventory and orders maintenance supplies as needed with the Property Manager’s approval.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation, training and enforcement of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper use, storage, and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and Freon.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on a timely basis and ensures preventative maintenance is planned in a proactive manner and schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with vendors. Remains knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies and services.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises maintenance staff in the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience in apartment maintenance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Up-to-Date EPA Universal and HVAC Certification required from an approved and licensed authority. Swimming Pool Certification (CPO) not required, but a plus. .
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This is a drug-free workplace.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operations.
I have read the above job description, understand its contents and have had an opportunity to discuss with my supervisor or the hiring manager. By signing below, I agree I understand what is expected of me and can comply with all requirements of this position.
Print Name: ___________________________________________________________________
Employee Signature: _____________________________________ Date: __________________