Regional Manager - Monarch Investment & Management Group
Voted Best Places to Work 2021 by the National Apartment Association and recently just voted Property Management Company of the Year 2022 in Saint Louis – Don’t you deserve to work for the best!
Monarch Investment is actively interviewing for an experienced Regional Manager to immediately join our family, supporting part of our Saint Louis (North County) portfolio. If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have a proven track record of success, don’t delay this is a rare opportunity and won’t last long.
Monarch Investment is the 10th largest multifamily property owner in the country! We are privately owned, since 1992 and currently own and self-manage over 69,000 units in twenty states (26 properties in Saint Louis, alone). If you are looking for your next professional opportunity with a fantastic company culture, look no further…. Monarch is it!
Purpose: Directs and coordinates all operational aspects of an assigned region within a portfolio based on regional complexity. Ultimately responsible for ensuring Monarch’s regional-level objectives are achieved through critical oversight of all activities, including but not limited to general operations, personnel leadership, and budget optimization/financial accountability.
Essential Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Ultimately responsible for executing all responsibilities, deliverables, and goals within the region
- Capturing tenant renewals at the highest rates possible o Leasing all properties at or above market occupancy and rent levels based on owner guidelines
- Ensuring all property marketing is current, accurate, relevant, legally compliant, and at its greatest effect Ensuring employee requests or complaints are responded to in a timely manner
- Ensuring physical property inspections including critical and curb appeal are performed monthly Ensuring properties operate within all applicable local, state, and federal laws including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), Fair Housing, and Landlord/Tenant regulation
- Ensuring that all needed staff meetings and/or communication are occurring as needed, supportive of business, team, and employee success (performance evaluation meetings, etc.
- Aiding subordinate team members in resolving employee issues, including performance evaluations, corrective actions, and other employee management issues
- Ensuring all required and necessary audits are completed, including monthly Move In and Renewal files
- Partnering with Property Managers and Asst Regional Managers to ensure all employee training and/or certification is completed/addressed in a timely manner
- Ensuring all MIMG protocols, procedures, and best practices are followed throughout the region, including all standard documents and forms (leases, License to Occupy, etc.)
- Responding to resident complaints directly related to Property Managers and/or any that might have legal exposure
- Making strategic changes to increase income, decrease expenses, and grow net operating income
- Ensuring all income collection and Bad Debt is handled according to MIMG protocol
- Creating and evaluating site budgets and performance goals in partnership with Asset Team
- Evaluating capital needs and planning projects in partnership with Asset Team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant degree or equivalent formal training or certification/s
- 5+ years’ experience in Multi-Family Housing
- Experience managing up to 1,500 units within a region
- Experience managing/supervising 20+ employees
- Multi-property site management experience
- Advanced technical proficiency
- Lead teams to success through a strong, positive, motivational leadership style
Great compensation and benefits:
- Industry competitive compensation based on experience ($80K - $90K Annually DOE)
- $500.00 - $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus Program (depending on role referred)
- Amazing Medical & Dental starting at $30 per month for a great, comprehensive plan
- Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, 1styr 80hrs, 2-4yrs 120hrs, 5+yrs 160/hrs
- 20% off rent at any of our owned communities
- 401k planning and pre-tax match contributions
- Paid additional training/school
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Yearly Anniversary Gifts
- Discount programs at partnered companies such as Verizon, Expedia, Office Depot and more!