Property Manager - Terra West, The Vue at Creve Coeur
Apartment Property Manager at Luxury Community
We’re looking for a smart, savvy and incredibly personable leader to apply for our Residential Property Manager position at a high-end conventional apartment community in Creve Coeur. Must have a minimum of 2 years as a prior property manager. If that description sounds like you, come join the top echelon of our staff in this vital position. Keen intelligence and business smarts are required for the position’s main aim: producing the highest possible net operating income of the community under your supervision. Your varied responsibilities include implementing cost-control and revenue improvement programs as well as developing sales and marketing plans. Your enthusiasm, leadership and managerial skills are essential for motivating, supervising and training your staff with group sessions to keep members up-to date on the latest advancements. You’ll also stay abreast of trends in your market by understanding demographics and competition as you implement your brilliant strategies to make your property the hottest and most profitable community in the area.
- The Community Manger is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Community Manager must embrace the concepts of Level 5 Leadership, Group Responsibility and Servant Leadership.
Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs
- Establish and implement leasing goals, while managing an effective lease expiration program
- Analyze operational information for impact on NOI, identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments
- Manage a highly skilled on-site staff with effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts and sales/marketing plans. Accurately create, prepare and convey all operational and financial data to the Regional Manager in a timely manner. Work with the owners to identify community goals and objectives. Be responsive and receptive to owners' needs, goals, and objectives
- Maximize rental income while minimizing expenses through effective planning and control
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/resident statutes are followed
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and printed material are accurate and updated
- Coordinate manage oversee Interior renovations but not limited to exterior renovations.
- Analyze and evaluate monthly and/or quarterly financial statements. Write clear and concise owner's reports to substantiate the analysis
- Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective residents; implement methods to ensure sales associates achieve the highest standards with shopping report scores
- Implement programs for resident retention and service request follow-ups
- Introduce and monitor effective lease renewal programs
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge
- Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans which effectively maximize rental income and result in high occupancy
- Ensure that an adequate number of units are market ready
- Design an effective preventative maintenance program to monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed
- Implement and monitor the resident care program
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, and on-site associates
- Provide training and motivation to leasing staff and ensure group training sessions are conducted as needed
- Create staffing schedules and ensure they are consistent with community needs
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Each job duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions.
- At least two years experience in residential property managers position or related field is required.
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week. Our property staffing limitations make it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity of your home property or in another state.
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
- CAM (not required but a plus)
- CAPS (not required but a plus)
Skills include an excellent ability to manage and motivate others; effective communication with residents, prospects and vendors. Other essential skills include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to close a sale
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
- Knowledge in system Software such as OneSite is a plus but not required.
Learning and Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards
An Equal Opportunity Employer -
Related keywords: property manager, property management, apartment manager, manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: starting at $52,000 to $62,000 plus bonus, based on experience.
To Apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org