Property Manager - Rainey Property Managment, LLC
Date postedApril 4, 2023
Job Title: Property Manager
Company Name: Rainey PM
Address: 1224 E Linwood Blvd
City: Kansas City
Contact Name: Christine Baird
- Manage all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, adhering
to city and/or affordable program requirements, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor
- Generate and maximize property income.
- Accurate and on-time submission of all reports.
- Monitor supervise and direct entire property team.
Adhere to all federal, state, and local employment law as well as and all processes, policies, and
- Ensure compliance with all Affordable Programs regulations and/or other federal, state, and local
requirements applicable to property.
- Strong skills in YARDI, EIV and TRACS program are essential.
- Maintain proper records for all applicable programs to site.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact professionally with residents, vendors, contractors, and clients.
- Mathematical skills are required.
- Proficiency in using property management software(s) used by the Company, as well as Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, OSHA Requirements, EEOC Laws, and Local, City and
- Ensures office is opened on schedule and that office and model apartments are maintained in a clean
- Performs light housekeeping as necessary.
- Physically walks and inspects property as required by city and or affordable program regulations and/or
- Completes move-out inspections and process per policies and/or program requirements.
- Utilizes the market information to make strategic decisions for the success of the property.
- Must be able to utilize OneSite fully and properly to ensure accuracy of data entered.
- Must be able to make bank deposits and/or other operational requirements.
- Welcomes and shows prospective residents the property utilizing Company leasing techniques and
- Demonstrates leasing techniques to the leasing office team and communicates expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handle accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective
resident, a resident, an internal Company team member, or a vendor.
- Attend on-site safety meetings to discuss relevant policies and procedures and other relevant safety topics.
- Maintain required logs.
- Adhere to policy and procedure changes.
- Identifies existing and potential barriers to the successful accomplishment of property and share with
- Host/Attend regular community team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals and
expectations and identifies actions to achieve objectives.
- Leads by example for community team members in the areas of resident communication, leasing, and
- Takes a hands-on approach to any necessary duties to ensure the job is completed.
- Strives to meet resident needs and create win/win situations.
- Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicate problems to supervisor.
- Manage all on-site new team member orientation.
- Maintains an awareness of training resources available and adhere to training requirements.
- Upholds high standards of honesty for self and team members.
- Maintains relationships with residents, associates, and vendors on a professional level always.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge and 3 to 5 years of experience in multi-family property management.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Always have a positive attitude and keep a solution-based and customer-focused mindset.
- Proven employment history of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background
sufficient to manage the day to day operations.
- Maintain high legal/ethical standards in all work-related decisions.
- Take pride in quality of work and attention to detail.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Professional in-person and phone presence and etiquette.
- Capacity to work with little supervision using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Complete tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Partner with team to resolve issues and highlight opportunities.
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships
with fellow employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- May be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by company. This may include due
diligence, property acquisition/disposition, assisting at other properties, serving on, or participating in
company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
- Follow the Company’s confidentiality policy and ensure that the operations, activities and business affairs of
the Company and clients are kept confidential.
- Function as a member of the Property Emergency Team to assist with hazardous weather problems, fires,
floods, freezes, etc.
- Onesite/Resman proficient
- Affordable housing experience