Multi-Family Senior Building Engineer - Intelica, CRE
Multi-Family Senior Building Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Facilities Engineer who would enjoy solving complex maintenance issues? Do you excel at building and leading a team of maintenance professionals to serve a growing residential portfolio in Saint Louis? Do you take care of your buildings as if they were your own? - If this sounds like you, we would love to connect!
Intelica CRE is seeking a Senior Building Engineer for our newest service line- multi-family residential. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of our properties. You will create, organize, and manage the overall maintenance program including preventative maintenance, tenant response, and service to building systems. Your expertise should span basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC systems. You should bring a working knowledge of building mechanical systems, including heat pumps, cooling towers and boilers, building automation systems, air handlers, life safety, fire prevention and safety systems. As we grow this division, this role is a hands-on position that will ensure our tenant expectations are being exceeded while also keeping a vision for the big picture.
- Create, organize and manage preventive maintenance programs, work-order response, and building system service.
- Hire and lead a team of building maintenance technicians that consistently exceed tenant expectations
- Obtain bids, negotiate contracts and assist with budget preparation
- Maintain inventory control of maintenance equipment
- Complete and submit monthly reporting to investors, accounting, and internal stakeholders as required.
- Reviews monthly tenant service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Multi-family on maintenance issues, projects, capital expenditures.
- Regularly coordinate with Construction Management team on new construction or remodel projects to ensure the appropriate building systems are in place for long-term tenant satisfaction
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Leads shift operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Responsible for personal safety, team safety, and the safety of those who are affected by department work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Secure, Complete and implement all required and assigned Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) trainings
- Ensure application of safety policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times
- Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
- Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5-7 years experience in complete building operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Certification in two or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Some certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to effectively interview, hire, and manage team members
- Ability to solve problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only general guidelines exist.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles and to understand operating budgets.
To Apply - Please send your resume to Rania Lombera at email@example.com
Intelica CRE offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits (including medical, dental, paid time off and holiday pay).
Intelica CRE™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.