Leasing Consultant - The Barton
Carter-Haston is currently seeking to recruit Leasing Agents to join our busy Class A- Communities. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional organization.
The successful candidate will report to the Property Manager and Regional. The position will involve a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Know the Five Basics of Successful Management.
- Review and abide by all policies contained in the Company and Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Resident Manager or Regional Manager.
- Confer with Resident Manager to identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency.
- Assist in the operation of the leasing office and computer system when required.
- May process and schedule service requests and initiate follow-up procedures, including calling Residents and obtaining feedback regarding the maintenance performed.
- Assist with gathering information for weekly and monthly reports.
- Periodically audit lease files for accuracy.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve property and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- May organize community social activities and/or monthly newsletter.
- May conduct surveys of local rental rates and prepare market surveys quarterly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collect and record rents daily.
- Report daily deposits to the Home Office.
- Collect security deposits and/or service fees from residents and record date and time of collection on the lease as well as log information into on-site management software program.
- Assist with the marketing of the property to traffic and prospective residents.
- Process and maintain prospect traffic and marketing statistics.
- Open, inspect, and prepare the model apartment for demonstrating each day. Close the model at the end of the day.
- Maintain the lease reception area, brochures, floor plans, guest cards, convenience list, etc.
- Answer phone calls from prospective residents and make appointments to demonstrate units.
- Interview prospective residents and record information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
- Shows prospective tenants’ apartments and explains occupancy terms, community procedures, parking, office hours, rent drop boxes, mail, etc. Informs prospective tenants of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Verify the status of market-ready units. Determine which units are to be shown to prospective residents.
- Process and verify rental applications and submit to Resident Manager for approval.
- Contact credit bureau to obtain credit reports on prospective tenants.
- Prepare leases with necessary exhibits and addendums for Resident and Resident Manager’s signatures.
- Process lease applications and all paperwork associated with generating a resident lease file.
- Schedule new Resident move-ins and prepare the “Welcome Package.”
- Lease apartments, follow up with those who do not lease, and negotiate renewals within Management and Company Policy.
- Inspect pre-leased apartments two (2) days prior to the move-in date.
- Complete the required move-out forms and transfer the active lease file information to the dead file.
- Complete market surveys.
- Ensure that a copy of the current newspaper ad or apartment guide listing is displayed in the leasing office.
- May compose newspaper advertisements.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Sales and Leasing experience
- General knowledge of apartment management
- Experience in on-site management operations or customer service
- Good physical appearance, neat and professional
- Good communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Assertiveness and Perseverance
- Ability to relate to people
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and dedicated
- Adaptable, positive, and pro-active
- Committed self-starter
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPENSATION PACKAGE OFFERED INCLUDING
- Great Commission and Bonus Structure
- Continuous Training
- Supplemental Insurance with Colonial Life
- CHRES BUCKS Incentive REWARDS
Apply Today: Email Christopher Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.