Carpenter - Mac Properties
We are looking for a skilled Carpenter to join our team! At Mac, our Construction team is not only skilled, courteous, and hard-working; they also make a unique and valuable contributions to our community by ensuring that our Residents’ homes are safe, and presentable.
$500 Sign-on Bonus
*Upon successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Fill cracks or other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
- Select and order lumber or other required materials.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas, such as heating or electrical wiring work.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative paneling to ceilings or walls.
- Work with or remove hazardous material.
Required Skills/Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 2 years of experience in residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information pertaining to the type of material
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to on-going construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this job description and that it is my responsibility to read and understand it. If I have any questions about this job description or my job duties at any time during my employment, I understand that I should ask my Manager.
Benefits and Perks:
- Robust Benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401k
- Paid Time-Off
- Generous Rental Discounts
- Training Opportunities and Education Reimbursement
Please be advised that ALL new hires will be required to successfully complete a criminal background investigation prior to employment. The receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests, and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant's identity and legal authority to work in the United States are also required.