Transformative Support Services Associate VISTA - Beyond Housing
Transformative Support Services Associate VISTA
Overview: Beyond Housing is a nationally recognized community development organization that works to strengthen families and transform underserved communities to create a stronger, more equitable, and prosperous St. Louis region for all. We engage where we’re needed, focusing on building consensus among leaders, providing and preserving housing, fostering community structures that shape lives, and guiding systems that make people’s lives better.
We lead with vision for what a community can be ~ every community is different, but thriving communities tend to share the same basic set of positive traits regarding housing, safety, education, health, infrastructure, and access to basic human services.
We bring together leaders and resources, volunteers and citizens, and pursue a wide assortment of creative approaches to build stronger, healthier communities for life.
Finally, we are community builders, not kingdom builders. “It’s their neighborhood, future, & dreams”. Our objective is to help build and contribute the good things we do for the sake of adding value to the lives of the people we’re honored to serve.
Position: The Transformative Support Services Associate VISTA will build capacity for Beyond Housing to provide employment, education, and entrepreneurship support for 24:1 Community members so that they can increase economic success and accumulate generational wealth. Efforts will draw on local resources to provide specialized support for residents, paired with wraparound services to engage and build trust, connect residents with resources well-matched with their needs, track their progress, and ensure they are receiving adequate support to meet their goals.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
▪ Collect and analyze program participant data, such as application funnel data, event attendance rates, participant SMART goals, wraparounds used, post-program completion growth indicators and milestones, capital award amounts, and mentor impact data, to measure program effectiveness
▪ Support the development of new programming, to include performing research, meeting with peer organizations, and working with Department of Evaluation and Learning staff to define outcomes and activities
▪ Create materials, workflows and service delivery tracking and evaluation systems for new and existing programming and train staff accordingly
▪ Support grant prospecting, writing, and reporting
▪ Collaborative – A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships. ▪ Creative and Curious -- A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
▪ Methodical -- Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to
move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation. ▪ Reliable -- Skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills. ▪ Trusted -- Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders and the residents that we serve.
▪ Driven -- Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
▪ A Bachelor’s Degree or previous work experience
▪ Computer literacy required; proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Salesforce (or another CRM platform) preferred
▪ Knowledge of under-resourced communities and the unique challenges faced by minority entrepreneurs preferred
▪ An entrepreneurial mindset required
Position will be supervised by the Economic Development Manager
Salary and Benefits:
▪ Living allowance
▪ End-of-service award
▪ Healthcare benefits
▪ Reduction of education costs
▪ Click here to read more about the benefits of the VISTA program through AmeriCorps.
• Candidates must apply through the My AmeriCorps portal here.
• Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information on Beyond Housing, visit www.beyondhousing.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Beyond Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA – Beyond Housing is committed to furthering the purpose of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). The company is always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The Summary of Physical Requirements is a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement: At Beyond Housing, we are committed to promoting Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity throughout our organization and culture. We strive to understand and appreciate the individuality of every employee and create a better place to work for all. We nurture a culture where everyone positively acknowledges equity through action and is aware, understanding, and appreciative of diversity.
Our vision is to go beyond simple tolerance and fully embrace the things that make each person unique. We recognize that our employees’ differences support our ability to advance equity for the communities we serve. Further, we understand that equity is critical to the fulfillment of our mission to help entire communities become better places to live.