Service Field Technician - Watchtower Security
Service Field Technician ($45,000-60,000)
Summary of Position
We are a rapidly growing national security and surveillance provider looking to hire a highly motivated individual to fill an immediate opening in our Service Department. Daily responsibilities include servicing company equipment on client sites, component replacement and installation with frequent physical labor, ladder work, back end technical work, and virtual help desk support when service calls are low volume. Our ideal candidate is comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment; works well with others, can work well without supervision, possesses strong customer service skills, has experience with low voltage cabling, possesses basic networking skills, and has a strong understanding of computers.
Accountability Director of Service
Duties and Responsibilities
• Driving a company vehicle, using hand tools, and climbing ladders to install or service equipment.
• Running, fishing, and pulling cables while adhering to local codes, regulations, and standards.
• Verify system functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals.
• Identify and correct problems with cameras, computers, wiring, and other miscellaneous equipment.
• Maintain records by documenting work completed and updating tickets in real time.
• Troubleshoot client sites pertaining to network connectivity issues, malfunctioning equipment, or physical equipment damage.
• Coordinate with in-house service teams to assist in site repair, cleaning, and equipment replacement.
• Comfortable multitasking on a ladder during site evaluation and repair.
• Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects up to 50 pounds of material and up to 90 pounds of material with assistance, if requested.
• Assisting with virtual help desk support for clients when service calls are completed, including troubleshooting and working with subcontractors over the phone.
• Assisting with camera image scans and repair.
• Maintain and routinely update service vehicle inventory.
• Work with subcontractors when needed, including locating, vetting, and establishing new relationships with new partners.
Job Skills and Requirements
• Must possess 2 years of experience in low voltage/structured cabling.
• Must have valid driver’s license with a clean record.
• Must have basic networking knowledge.
• Must maintain a professional appearance.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; follow directions and meet deadlines.
• Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction without misunderstanding work plan.
• Strong skills in teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal communication.
• Working during inclement weather could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust depending upon project site.
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights.
• Able and willing to walk, stand, bend, and sit for long periods of time.
• Able to use your hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||1|
|HIRING MANAGER(S)||Samantha Tate|