Property Manager - Kohner Properties
We are currently seeking a Full Time Apartment Property Manager for the Hickory Trace and Shannon Fox Apartments. The schedule is Monday- Friday, 8:00am- 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend hours needed.
The Property Manager is totally accountable for all property operations. The Property Manager’s objectives include maximizing occupancy levels and property value. These objectives are accomplished by successfully building a team of professionals who are committed to the success of the property. The Property Manager must effectively manage, motivate, and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the Area/Regional Supervisor and Property Owner. In addition, the Property Manager will train the Assistant Manager to assume all duties of the Property Manager in the event of the Property Manager’s absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, HUD regulations and local ordinances pertaining to apartments.
- Must have complete knowledge of Fair Housing Compliance laws and all other laws pertaining to apartments. Required to attend periodic Fair Housing seminars.
- Performs all assistant manager & leasing duties in and during the absence of an assistant manager or leasing consultant.
- Physically walk and inspect property on a daily basis, including all common areas, storage, basements, laundries, amenities, etc. to ensure cleanliness and curb appeal according to company standards.
- Ensures all vacant apartments are inspected on a weekly basis; and personally inspects a minimum of monthly.
- Responsible for after hour inspections to ensure property conditions and lighting are maintained per company standards and policy.
- Responsible, along with the Area Maintenance Supervisor, for implementing preventative maintenance schedule.
- Conducts annual Comprehensive Safety Survey.
- Performs quarterly housekeeping & pest control inspections.
- Responsible for implementation of Company leasing & marketing policies and procedures to maximize occupancy and the property’s profitability.
- Ensures all team members maintain positive customer service attitude.
- Responsible for actively marketing and promoting the property.
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies, i.e. advertising, outreach marketing, internet sources, housing fairs, local business partnerships and preferred employers, resident referrals and promotions.
- Shops competition and is aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Approves or denies all rental applications according to company rental criteria.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and all leases are being executed properly.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents.
- Assists in handling incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Ensures all team members maintain positive resident relations attitude.
- Responsible for office opening on schedule and proper staffing for weekends.
- Responsible for cleanliness of office and model apartments (clean office area e.g., take out trash, vacuum, dust).
- Develops and implements resident retention strategies and plan.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Delivers notices to apartments.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, lease renewals, etc.
- Interviews and offers recommendations for hire (with supervisor and Human Resource Department approval), trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. This includes new employee orientation, performance reviews, instructing and advising on-site staff of company procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts on-going training with staff; e.g., lease paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Insures all workers’ compensation claims are reported and documented, directs employees to proper treatment facility with Human Resource direction.
- Reviews and approves timecards for all onsite employees.
- Manager will complete Safety Checklist & Preventive Maintenance forms with maintenance staff.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff in the absence of a maintenance supervisor; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Ensure all rents are collected when due, and posted on a daily basis. Makes sure all bank deposits are made no later than 2 p.m. daily and deposits are reported to the Corporate Office on a daily basis.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord leins, according to state laws, upon approval from the legal department.
- Attends scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits required reports to Corporate Office on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Communicates problems, changes & concerns to Area/Regional Supervisor and the Corporate Office in a timely manner.
- The Property Manager is responsible in the formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. Prior approval by the Area/Regional Supervisor is needed before submission to the property owner. The Property Manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Updates make-ready board & computer daily. Coordinates with maintenance staff and vendors to ensure 5-day turn of apartments after move-out.
- Performs inspection with residents of move-in/move-outs.
- Monitor and schedule all maintenance activities in the absence of a maintenance supervisor.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for approving, entering, and submitting all invoices to Corporate Office for payment.
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Corporate Office immediately.
- Establish, update & maintain property library.
- Performs any additional duties or tasks as assigned by Area/Regional Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises property employees. The Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by Area/Regional Supervisor. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, the Property Manager will train the Assistant Manager (if applicable) to assume all duties of the Property Manager in the event of the Property Manager's absence. The Property Manager must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The schedule is based upon business necessity. Weekend and evening work is occasionally required. During times of emergencies, heavy work-loads or other company needs, there will be times when overtime is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, go to the electronic applications on the Kohner Properties website: (https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2472401 View)
Register for an account by creating a user and password. Click on the posting to complete the required online application for consideration of this position.