Maintenance Technician – 1400 Russell & Villages of Twin Oaks
Maintenance Technician – Split between 1400 Russell & The Villages of Twin Oaks
Propper Asset Management is looking for a Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility of preserving the good condition and functionality of our owned and managed multifamily development. Propper is looking for a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work both autonomously and with specific guidance as part of a team and have experience using online maintenance tools such as Yardi and other maintenance tools to improve efficiency. The goals of our maintenance team members are to provide an exceptional resident experience, maintain buildings and improve the aesthetics and functionality of the common areas and amenities.
- Perform manual repairs and general maintenance as necessary (fix locks, replace windows, patch walls, replace / repair fixtures, etc.)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Perform general maintenance of electrical systems
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Complete work orders and make ready tasks as assigned
- Respond to emergency maintenance assignments when on-call
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed, maintain records of self-performed inspections.
- Maintain pools, hot tubs, and spas. Test and maintain records or water quality and chemistry, per local and State code.
- Maintain refuse systems and removal of trash.
- Follow procedures for purchasing and expense reporting.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by management
- Proven experience as an apartment maintenance technician
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, plumbing, aquatic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired, but not required
- Working knowledge of Yardi a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in multifamily property maintenance, related field, or similar responsibility.
- Be able to respond onsite to emergency calls within one hour when scheduled on-call
- Must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance as required by the State of Missouri. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk, or hear, walk, and use hands to feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to sit, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift office furniture and heavy objects up to 40 lbs., use cleaning detergents and be able to work under varying temperature conditions.
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly
Propper Asset Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Propper Asset Management provides competitive benefits and compensation
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday with some Saturday availability
- Maintenance On-Call