Maintenance Technician - Woodward Lofts
This position is located at Woodward Lofts - St. Louis, MO ($18 ‒ $22 Hourly)
The Worcester brothers and their father founded Worcester Investments, a family-owned and operated real estate investment company located in Kansas City, Missouri. After being founded in 2006, the family business began acquiring rental property in Oregon, where they lived at the time. In 2007, Worcester Investments expanded into the Midwest area through a real estate connection and has continued to see steady growth each year.
In partnership with their investors, Worcester Investments has $500 MM assets under management, including 3,000+ apartment units in the Midwest area. Worcester Investments employs a team of 100+ and was named Kansas City’s sixth fastest-growing company by the Kansas City Business Journal in 2015 and the 3,763rd fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in the 2019 INC. 5,000 publication.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plumbing, electrical and appliance diagnostic and repair
- Basic carpentry or wall repair
- Grounds maintenance
- On-Call emergency maintenance rotation
- Providing excellent customer service to our residents
- Repair and/or replace broken locks, screens and alarms
- Replace broken windows
- Assists with electrical repairs
- Assist with appliance repair and installs
- Change A/C filters
- Maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns and flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
- Perform roof inspections and minor roof repair
- Works hands-on as required or directed by Property Manager to ensure market-ready, occupied and preventive maintenance is performed on a timely basis and to ensure preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read, speak, write and understand verbal commands.
- Successfully complete and pass all company required on-line courses
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training.
- Must be proficient in all areas of apartment maintenance to include plumbing, electricity, painting, drywall, floor coverings, carpentry, locks, appliances, pools & spas, roofs and life safety equipment
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid State Issued Drivers’ License
- Reliable Transportation
- Other Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States, able to successfully pass background and drug screening.
- HVAC Certified - Type II
Worcester Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.