Maintenance Technician - AHM Management
AHM Management, LLC | Position: Maintenance Technician
AHM Management, LLC (“Company”) is a fast growing, progressive, full-service property management company that serves as the property management arm of a rapidly expanding real estate development company, AHM Group. With a desire to see the City of Saint Louis continue to grow and prosper, AHM Group has actively focused on both new construction and renovated properties solely within the City of St. Louis and, over the past five years, AHM Group and AHM Management have grown from a three-person operation to a team of 15 with a development pipeline of over 700 apartment units across multiple mixed-use and multi-family buildings.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that caters to the objectives of our Company, including professional growth and retention of employees, corporate growth, the ethos of improving the City of St. Louis and its outside perception, and our motto of Excellence, Passion, and Purpose. The property management team at AHM Management oversees all leasing, marketing, maintenance, purchasing, and compliance professionals that support our properties.
Job Description | Maintenance Technician:
AHM Management, LLC seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate for the role of Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician candidate is responsible for contributing to the well-being of all tenants and properties managed by the Company through assisting in the ongoing maintenance of an array of multi-family and mixed-use properties.
Duties and Responsibilities |Maintenance Technician:
- Respond to and coordinate all tenant work orders
- Assist in the creation of continuous/ongoing preventative maintenance plans for all buildings (i.e. HVAC filter changes, smoke detector battery changes, roof inspections, mechanical inspections, etc.)
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance repairs in a timely and professional manner
- Inspect all vacant units between the timeframe of prior tenants vacating units and new tenants taking occupancy
- Manage inventories of tools and materials required to perform all maintenance tasks to ensure the correct level of inventories exist
- Light physical requirements
- Diagnose and fix various physical building issues using tools and equipment
- Must be available to be on-call as needed.
As a key member in a growing real estate development and management company, this position is designed to provide growth and leadership opportunities. This position is an hourly, full-time position that does require working some nights and weekends as determined by the urgency of the need.
Qualifications | Maintenance Technician:
- 2-5 years of property maintenance experience (at least one year of experience working in the multi-family industry),
- Experience with building trades preferred,
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC/mechanical systems, and painting,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred,
- Comfort working non-standard hours,
- Experience in a customer-facing maintenance role,
- Familiarity with general building standards, municipal and state regulatory codes,
- The ability to adapt to fluid daily routines that don’t always offer predictability (the ideal candidate will find it exciting that each day will be different!),
- CPO Certification recommended,
- EPA Certification Recommended,
- A valid driver’s license
Benefits | Maintenance Technician:
- Highly competitive salary and compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- Paid time off (up to four weeks) and 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Education/training reimbursement
- Tool allowance
- Vehicle allowance
- Health and wellbeing reimbursements
- Phone allowance