|The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in carrying out the maintenance processes of the property, including corrective, preventative, routine, emergency, and cosmetic maintenance. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for make-ready process in a manner consistent with the property’s operational objectives under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager.
- Respond to resident/management requests and work orders for community common areas, buildings and units in timely manner
- Ensure all repairs and replacements necessary for community common areas and units
- Assist with the scheduling and performance of all maintenance/repair-related turn events
- Assist in the daily clean up pf the exterior of the community including grounds, breezeways and all common areas
- Perform swimming pool maintenance and cleaning and maintain accurate, timely chemical logs
- Inspect grounds, building and other community features daily to daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns
- Maintain preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the community while minimizing future repairs
- Responsible for understanding and following Asset key policy
- Maintain well-organized and property stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the hazard communications program; teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in unit inspections as requested
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring inventory of equipment and supplies as requested
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests, EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Assist with the general upkeep, maintenance and cleaning of office, common areas and model unit
- Report any observed violations of community rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager
- Participate in on-call emergency at community
- Utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities requested by Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager
Customer & Resident Relations
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
- Ensure consistency in dealing with residents on all matters
- Enforce policies of the community that are delegated by immediate supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Must have reliable transportation due to the emergency on-call requirement.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Click here to apply