Maintenance Supervisor - Woodward Lofts Apartments
StoneCreek Communities is looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for Woodward Lofts Apartments, a luxury apartment community in the Grove. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and work at a well-established apartment community. Competitive salary, bonuses, paid time off, 401K match and health benefits offered. We are offering a $500 sign on bonus for this position.
At StoneCreek, we take pride in hiring the best associates to provide world-class customer service to our residents. We are seeking a career-minded professional who is motivated by new challenges, who shares our commitment to customer service, and who wants more than just a job. With markets throughout the country and a portfolio of nearly 5,000 units, we have what you need to develop a successful career. We have specialized training classes and development opportunities that will promote your professional growth. We are not just developing, building, and managing apartment communities; we are building a foundation for your career. Please submit your resume and salary history to apply for this position.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
- Under direction of the Property Manager, supervises and schedules maintenance activities. The supervisor is a working technician and is expected to carry the workload of one full technician.
- Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments and move-in/move-outs). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and service request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and service requests for occupied apartments.
- Oversee service request completion and adhere to company policy requiring all requests be completed within 48 hours, with the exception of requests requiring replacement parts.
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in including the use of outside vendors as needed.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment and apartments.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred.
- EPA certification Type I and II required, Universal preferred.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 2+ years' experience in multifamily maintenance and a supervisory role. –
- Fast-paced, high energy individual with great attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills using the English language.
- Self-starter who is outgoing, motivated and customer service oriented.
- Must have extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall.
- Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Ability to supervise and direct maintenance personnel and contracted vendors used on site.
- Ability to handle evening and weekend emergency on-call duty on a 4 week rotation.
- Reliable transportation and method of contact.
At StoneCreek our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Medical: StoneCreek offers multiple medical plans to choose from for your healthcare coverage.
- Dental: Our dental plans are designed to meet your individual needs.
- Vision: Vision coverage provided is available from both participating and non-participating providers.
- Reimbursement Plans: These Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible healthcare or dependent-care expenses.
- Life Insurance: Help protect your family with company-paid life and AD&D insurance. You may also purchase supplemental and dependent life insurance.
- Disability: Long-term disability is provided at no cost to you. Short-term disability is also available at reasonable rates.
- Employee Assistance Program: You and members of your immediate family are eligible from day one for help with issues affecting your work or personal life. Of course, participation is held in strict confidence.
- 401(k) Match: Contribute pre-tax dollars and choose to invest in any of more than 18 funds, or choose one of the many LifeTime funds available.
- Vacation: You’ll accrue vacation time each pay period. At certain intervals, accruals increase.
- Holidays: Enjoy nine paid holidays per year, plus an additional day for your birthday.
- Apartment Discount: When you work for StoneCreek, you can live with us, too! Take advantage of our StoneCreek apartment discount.