Maintenance Supervisor - StoneCreek
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Along with the Property Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance, repairs, apartment make-readies, preventative maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for one or more multi-family apartment communities.
The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies for repairs and maintenance and managing the additional maintenance department personnel, if any.
Reports to: Property Manager and Regional Manager
Supervises: Under direction of the Property Manager, supervises on-site maintenance staff, which could consist of a Grounds-Keeper and one Maintenance Technician.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. Under direction of the Property Manager, supervises and schedules maintenance activities.
The supervisor is a working technician and is expected to carry the workload of one full technician. a. Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments and move- in/move-outs). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and service request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager. b. Communicate assignments and major tasks to employees. Make sure they have all the instructions and resources necessary to complete assignments adequately. c. Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed. d. Provide input to the Property Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents and corrective counseling needs.
2. Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and service requests for occupied apartments.
3. Oversee service request completion and adhere to company policy requiring all requests be completed within 48 hours, with the exception of requests requiring replacement parts.
4. Ensure emergency/priority requests are completed within 24 hours of submission.
5. Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in including the use of outside vendors as needed.
6. Prepare vacant units for move in following company policy of 7 business days for turn units.
7. Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
8. Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report findings to Property Manager. Work to resolve any hazardous conditions immediately.
9. Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment and apartments.
10. Submit supply order requests to Property Manager for review and approval.
11. Provide superior maintenance service to residents in efforts to maintain minimum retention rate of 60% average each quarter.
12. Complete required monthly GROW courses as outlined by SC with minimum 80% passing score.
13. Responsible for ensuring efficient and courteous response to all resident requests with follow-up calls and excellent customer service.
14. Direct the maintenance team on prioritizing service requests and monitor resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls. Pick up litter on the property and report any capital projects to Property Manager.
15. Attendance is an essential job function and so is a good attitude
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Assist with and prepare for hazardous weather situations including but not limited to: snow and ice removal, fires, floods, freezes, downed trees.
2. Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
-High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred.
- EPA certification Type I and II, Universal preferred.
-CPO (Certified Pool Operator).
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 4 years’ experience in multifamily maintenance and a supervisory role.
- Fast-paced, high energy individual with great attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills using the English language.
- Self-starter who is outgoing, motivated and customer service oriented.
- Must have extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall.
- Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Ability to supervise and direct maintenance personnel and contracted vendors used on site.
- Ability to handle evening and weekend emergency on-call duty on a bi-weekly basis.
- Reliable transportation and method of contact.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliance/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion). Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring and equipment. Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks and gloves).
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions and write reports. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities and emergencies. Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, re-prioritizing activities and supervising employees. Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
In this position you will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain, ice and snow. Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service after hour’s emergencies. Refer to Property Manager for community specific schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place