Leasing Manager - Intelica, CRE
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Leasing Manager leads the overall leasing function. This position handles and directs sales and marketing activities with a strong emphasis on customer service to achieve maximum occupancy and revenue goals as well as customer retention. He/she will have a proven track record of utilizing sales and marketing techniques to close the sale and will provide support, and mentoring to leasing team . This position will also handle leasing administration activities and will provide superior customer service to both new and existing residents. He/she will exemplify Intelica’s Residential’s brand by always exhibiting superior customer service and professionalism.
The Leasing Manager position is typically present at properties with 700+ units.
Sales Leadership & Management Responsibilities
- Accomplishes the property objectives by supporting and motivating a high-performing leasing staff.
- Aids in mentoring Leasing Consultants and/or Customer Support Assistants. Promotes a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Supports, mentors, and assists new team members with the sales and marketing process and procedures including providing uncompromising customer service and effective selling to both current and prospective residents.
- Ensures that all the leasing team members employ effective sales and marketing techniques and consistently follows established Company procedures associated with the sales process. Ensures accurate data entry of prospect traffic and sales lead follow-up is complete.
- Maintains open and clear communication with on-site staff, and the Property Manager.
- Assists staff in the performance of their duties and day-to-day operations of the property.
Direct Sales & Marketing
- Maintains accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage and amenities. This also includes knowledge of the surrounding neighborhood, sister properties, and local competition.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager, partners with the Pricing Analysts to manage occupancy and rental rates. Implements pricing strategies and manages daily leasing activity. In conjunction with the pricing team, analyzes (pricing system) data and monitors the community market conditions to anticipate market changes and trends that could affect the profitability of the community.
- Organizes and oversees local/neighborhood outreach marketing, through fostering relationships with local businesses and community events. Offers input and suggestions regarding advertising and promotions to generate prospect traffic. Partners with Property Manager and maintenance staff to ensure community appearance meets company standards and demonstrates curb appeal.
Resident Relations / Customer Service
- Collaborates with Property Manager on lease renewal negotiations.
- Proactively delivers superior customer service, identifying needs, facilitating resolutions and communicating with residents about resident concerns to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Oversees vendor compliance and ensures Company procedures are being followed to mitigate risk and liability.
- Reviews prospective resident applications, in accordance with Intelica policy prior to Property Manager final review.
- Prepares, assists and oversees the completion of all leasing paperwork. Conducts periodic audits to ensure that resident files are properly maintained. Collects, posts and deposits security checks, rent and all other payments associated with leases and resident move-ins.
- Prepares, assists and oversees move-out activities including the exit inspection walks with residents before move-out, confirming/approving Statement of Deposit Accounts (SODA) charges, generating final bills, etc.
- Facilitates collection of outstanding debt with residents by generating non-sufficient funds (NSF) notices, and small balance letters, communicating with residents on account status, delivering resident letters and corresponding with collection agencies.
- Partners with the management team to ensure accurate ledgers are maintained in the applicable property management system.
Building Community & Industry Knowledge
- Understands and complies with federal, state and local fair housing laws and standards, as well as landlord/tenant laws and regulations and banking laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the public.
Demonstrating proficiency in these competencies is critical to being effective in the role:
Action Orientation: Seizes opportunities and acts on them quickly, enjoys working hard and is full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging.
Accountability: Delivers on commitments and agreements, demonstrates dependability, take responsibility for mistakes and missed deadlines.
Customer Focus: Treats customers courteously, responds to customer requests in a timely manner, takes responsibility to resolve customer complaints, proactively identifies customer needs, elicits feedback from customers to monitor their satisfaction, creates strategies to help the organization serve customers more effectively, considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions.
Integrity and Trust: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for his/her own actions and being honest, possesses the internal fortitude to consistently behave in honorable ways, respects confidentiality, takes a stance based on principles and values despite personal or professional risk, challenges others who are not being truthful or acting with integrity, and does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Building Effective and Engaged Teams: assists leasing team in understanding roles, removes organizational barriers and identifies resources, champions team within the organization, provides input without taking over.
Managing Work Efficiently: completes projects and tasks efficiently and effectively. Marshals resources such as people, funding, material and support in order to accomplish tasks.
Communication: gets to the point quickly and succinctly, can make complicated concepts and data clear to others, exceptional listener even under stressful situations, displays a keen sense of what to say in various situations.
Consistent Mentorship Example: demonstrates consistent and fair treatment of others; employs consistent judgment when evaluating all tasks and engagement with residents and customers; consistently follows company rules and standards.
Initiative: seeks additional responsibilities and opportunities that support organizational goals and stretch personal capabilities.