Leasing Consultant - The Jewel O'Fallon
Job Opening: The Jewel O’Fallon
9202 Veterans Memorial Parkway O’Fallon, MO 63386
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Must present a Positive Winning Attitude!
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments
- Maintain professional standard of hygiene, appearance and dress
Responsible for the daily leasing operations of an assigned community
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet
- Inspect tour routes, models and show apartments daily to ensure cleanliness. When on the property, pick up litter and report needs to the Community Director/Maintenance Director
- Prepare and maintain refreshments and a hospitality basket in the leasing office, show apartments and/or models.
- Prepare any daily opening responsibilities and place any advertising materials in eye-catching locations to generate traffic
- Know current months budgeted occupancy, current occupancy, and the leasing goals necessary to achieve budget.
- Know which units are available for lease at all times
- Greet prospective residents, determine needs and preferences, and professionally present property and specific apartments while providing features and benefits
- Open and close models at beginning and ending of each day including adjusting lights, blinds, radio and HVAC
- Answer incoming phone calls prior to the third ring in a cheerful and professional manner and handle each call accordingly whether it is a prospect call, irate resident, service request, etc.
- When handling a new prospect call, greet enthusiastically, determine the prospect's needs, sell the community and apartment homes and strive to make a specific appointment for the prospect to visit
- Uncover and overcome objections
- Contribute ideas to the Community Director for marketing property and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Assist with preparation and execution of off-site marketing.
- Prepare move-in gift and place it in the apartment on the day of move-in
- Walk the apartment with the resident at or before move-in
- Communicates professionally and effectively with residents, supervisors, vendors, and contractors
- Negotiates effectively with residents, supervisors, vendors, and contractors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with persons from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Enter all prospects’ information into OneSite while talking with them on the telephone, communicating with them via email from an Internet lead or in person as they visit. Date to include tour notes, a prospect's needs and wants, the apartment shown, floor plan desired and price quoted. Use OneSite Today page to manage follow up via thank you note, email or phone with prospects daily.
- Schedules follow up and record activity in OneSite with each prospect.
- Correctly process all lease applications, collect proof of income, gain management approval and notify prospective resident of results within 24-72 hours.
- Type miscellaneous resident communication as needed
- Correctly complete all lease paperwork including related addenda and accept rents and deposits Inventory office supplies on periodic basis.
- Report needs to Community Director
- Organize and file appropriate reports, pending application files, move in files, cancelled and declined applications, leases and paperwork
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure that move-in packet is complete and appropriate keys are available at move-in
- Check email, call center and internet leads, frequently throughout the day and reply to prospective requests
- Routinely check messages from answering service and respond accordingly.
- Assist with lease renewals and prepare renewal leases
- Take service requests, enter into OneSite, print and distribute work orders to maintenance and perform appropriate number of call backs.
- Maintain positive customer service attitude and provide quality customer service to prospective and existing residents based on active assessment of customer desires, including acting on third party survey results and personal engagement with customer
- Maintain professional resident communications regarding concerns, service requests and other items of interest via community newsletters and other media
- Attend resident retention activities
- Understands market area surrounding their community
- Understands their community market area as to rental rates, concession programs, profiles, qualifying standards and marketing strategies
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents; handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, enter information and update appropriate systems and maintain lease files according to policy
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, and professional organizations
- Assist with creation and monitoring of offsite, corporate, web site and locator marketing programs to ensure that they are fresh and up-to-date
- Perform any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Community Director
Notes and Materials
Under the general directions of the Community Director, the Leasing Consultant will manage the daily leasing operations of the community assigned.
Schedule may vary according to individual community and Community Director. Physical requirements: Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk community, including 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture & lifting of supplies as needed. Some travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
To apply please contact Miranda Stiening, Community Director for The Jewel OFallon at email@example.com.