Leasing Consultant - Stone Creek
Leasing Consultant Job Description
The overall objective of the Leasing Consultant position is to maintain a high physical occupancy by focusing their efforts on the attraction and retention of qualified residents to his or her community. Responsible for leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations.
Reports to: Leasing Manager, Property Manager and District Manager
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant history and credit approvals.
- Provide general clerical assistance to the community office (i.e., answer telephone, writing work orders, typing and filing).
- Promote Company approved Renter’s Insurance Programs, Online Leasing, Tel-IVR and Online Payments to residents and prospective
- Complete required monthly ADP University courses as outlined by
2. Community Leasing.
- Greet prospects and determine needs and wants. Complete guest
- Tour property by showing model or ready vacant apartments. Highlight amenities (i.e., pool, clubhouse and fitness center) and close the sale. Have prospect complete all application paperwork and secure deposit and application
- Obtain required information to process applications for approval (i.e., credit check, rental history and employment verification).
- Once approved by Property Manager, generate lease and applicable addendums. Ensure apartment is ready for move-in on agreed
- Follow up on prospects unable to close (i.e., phone calls, thank you notes, texts and e- mails) attempt to close sale again. If not viable prospect for our community, work to send the prospect to a sister property to meet their needs without losing them to a competitor.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in and within 3 business days of submitted
- Review and orient new residents to the community’s specific rules, regulations and policies.
- Monitor Renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewals on a daily basis until
- Maintain minimum retention rate of 60% average each
- Write and distribute resident notices as
- Maintain minimum gross closing rate of 40% and net closing rate of 30%.
- Receive minimum of 95% secret shopper score with 100% of follow up
3. Resident Relations.
- Residents may call or visit in person and will require the Leasing Consultant to listen respectfully to their requests, complaints and
- Respond accordingly to rectify the situation after discussing with the Property Manager when required. Ensure consistency with Residents on all
- Enforce Community
- Maintain minimum renter’s insurance guidelines of 95% active policies at all
4. Community Marketing.
- Assist in placing, removing and updating all banners, balloons, bandit signs and flags around the property and other locations where outward marketing is
- Distribute newsletters, flyers and
- Shop competitors monthly. Keep updated market
- Suggest specials and/or pricing modifications based on market surveys to stay competitive.
- Update all internet listing sources, ensure all printed material is current and specials are promoted on each
- Complete monthly Market Survey and send to MC and DM with rent/special suggestions.
- Respond to resident surveys and online reviews within 48
- Complete quarterly Marketing Plan and Outreach Log and send to MC and
- Post to Craigslist 3 times per
- Ensure all leads are responded to within 2 hours. Make sure all notes and follow up are entered into Lead2Lease program and everything is synced with
- Update all social media with resident events, current promotions and local area information.
- Assist with creative ideas on how to generate traffic and obtain resident
- Market and/or promote Company approved telephone, cable or other contracts with the understanding that materials and information for unapproved companies, services or contracts should not be discussed with residents, prospective residents or others seeking to do business with
Attendance is an essential job
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Leasing Consultant may be required to assist in special projects or activities. This job description is not an all inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
-High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
-Proficient computer skills.
-Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
-Fax and Scanner.
-Basic knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
EXPERIENCE AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
Position requires a minimum one year experience in customer service related industry. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Job requires mobility to climb stairs to tour, show and inspect apartments on a daily basis. Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrist while using a computer on a daily basis. Normal range of vision is required to complete applications, leases, and general paperwork. Normal range of hearing and speech required to communicate with residents, vendors, supervisors and coworkers on the telephone or in person on a regular basis.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write English at a high school level to complete paper work, prepare reports and interpret instructions. Must have mathematical skills at high school level to calculate pro-rated rents, late fees and deposits. Must be able to apply common sense understanding on a continual basis to determine actions, priorities and prepare computer reports. Decisions are based on standard operating procedures with few deviations. Will have regular contact with all levels of internal and external customers and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position must be able to handle stressful, urgent, novel and adverse work situations on a daily basis. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position will work in a typical office setting with daily exposure to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain and snow when touring the community. This position will be often called upon to work long hours and odd schedules which will include weekends. Position requires dependable transportation and means of contact at all times.