The Janitor C is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property at all times. This involves insuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and staff. It is the duty of Janitor C to follow all directives given by the Community Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Perform activities to maintain the continuity of essential environmental services in order to guarantee resident comfort and security.
- Conduct building walk-downs daily and replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed
- Maintain curb appeal of the property at all times
- Trash-out vacant units within 48 hours
- Strip and Wax assigned floors quarterly
- Monitor supplies and advise supervisor of items needed as necessary
- Attend company meetings when requested
- All other duties as assigned
- Follows company guidelines in proper storage of chemicals maintaining Maintenance Data Sheets current and readily accessible
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and must immediately report unsafe conditions; e.g., broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, broken door locks, inoperable smoke detectors, gas leaks
- Instills a “safety first” attitude not only with maintenance but also with all residents
- Follows company guidelines for wearing safety items
- Assists in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas
- Assists in grounds work when necessary
- Participates in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage
- Has knowledge regarding water and gas cutoffs, all apartments and fixtures cutoffs and sewer clean outs
- Assists in apartments move in and move out inspections
- Complete unit trash-out within 48 hours
- Performs work area clean up and safety related duties
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Full time maintenance or janitorial experience, or experience in related field.
- Knowledge of industry safety standards preferred.
- Experience working in resident/hospitality communities preferred.
- If hired, must complete 10-week janitorial training program per the SEIU Local 1 Union.