Janitor A - The Habitat Company
Hiring for Janitor A at The Habitat Company - Apply HERE!
The Habitat Company, LLC is a leader in residential multi-family real estate management and development. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team as we continue to expand and develop our company nationwide. We are a multi-state organization of over 900 team members specializing in the asset management, property management and project management of market rate, affordable rentals, condominiums, public housing and commercial real estate.
At The Habitat Company, we believe that it is the quality and experience of our team members that make a difference. Our professional team provides us with the depth of talent and ability that is so crucial to our success.
We are looking for a Janitor A for our Parkview Apartments property - 4451 Forest Park, St Louis, MO 63108
The primary responsibilities of the Janitor A involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Janitor A will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner. It is the duty of Janitor A to follow all directives given by the Community Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing etc. Perform activities to maintain the continuity of essential environmental services in order to guarantee resident comfort and security.
- Conduct building walk-downs daily and replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed.
- Safely operate power equipment, as needed.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Maintain curb appeal of the property at all times.
- Trash-out vacant units.
- Complete assigned work orders according to company guidelines.
- Complete final inspection of all units turned over for leasing.
- Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Follows company guidelines in proper storage of chemicals maintaining Maintenance Data Sheets current and readily accessible.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and must immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, broken (door locks, inoperable smoke detectors, gas leaks.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Instills a “safety first” attitude not only with maintenance but also with all residents.
- Follows company guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Train Janitor’s helpers.
- Assist Manager in completion of annual apartment inspections.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full time janitorial/maintenance experience.
- Basic electric, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC skills.
- Maintain open lines of communication with internal and external contacts for continuing operations and resolution of problems. Internal contacts include company personnel on site, corporate office and residents.
- Ability to assist Community Manager in his/her duties.
- Ability to participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We operate in an environment where diversity is valued and individual initiative is rewarded. The scale of our portfolio offers challenges and opportunities for individuals who are looking to further their careers with an innovative company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package along with development and growth opportunities.
The Habitat Company is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability