Facilities Manager – One Cardinal Way
Facilities Manager – One Cardinal Way
St. Louis, MO
Reports to the Property Manager
Full Time - 40 hours week (+/-)
Introducing luxury apartment living like never before at One Cardinal Way. Located in Ballpark Village—St. Louis’ premier neighborhood—your address is an everyday invitation to live like a Cardinal. With exceptional amenities, unparalleled quality, and breathtaking views of Busch Stadium, the Gateway Arch, the Mississippi River, and the St. Louis skyline, it is an opportunity you won’t find anywhere else. Your chance to truly be part of the St. Louis Cardinals family is here.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community, ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Facility Manager must anticipate, identify, and correct all facility concerns while maintaining a high standard of excellence. Conducts all business in accordance with Company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilites
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection of property exterior and interior to maintain Company brand standards; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors, and staff; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Address safety concerns with proper urgency and communication.
- Utilizes property management software to check for and delegate out work orders in a timely and continual manner.
- Ensures proper storage and inventory of all furniture, housewares, and necessary stock items for corporate units.
- Schedules and delegates the movement of furniture, appliances, housewares, etc. to furnish units as requested by Property Management in a timely manner.
- Checks and completes timely communication following completed work orders; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Oversees and assists in ensuring all maintenance tickets are completed in a timely manner according to Company policies and procedures, resident satisfaction, and code.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Water irrigation systems.
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring.
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable).
- Sprinkler systems (where applicable).
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
- Water features including but not limited to spas, pools, fountains, etc.
- Boiler, gas and electric.
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks.
- Security systems (where applicable).
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture.
- Completes resident follow up to ensure maintenance tickets are completed to resident satisfaction.
- Track, delegate, and assist with the timely completion of all make readies in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the confidential change of locks and keys.
- Assist in creating key sets for team members, residents, and vendors as requested.
- Complete supply orders as necessary to maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts, maintenance materials, and cleaning chemicals.
- Obtain bids and detailed scope of work for all required projects and submit to Property Manager.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Manage all onsite vendors and contractors; ensuring all contracts fulfill required insurance and legal standards; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Maintains consistent communication with Property Management team.
- Recruit, hire and train team members of the facilities department.
- Motivate and inspire the professional growth of team members through leadership and training.
- Sets and manages team standards for cleanliness, organization, and upkeep of all maintenance facilities.
- Enforces the proper use of safety gear for tasks as needed.
- Effectively manage the facilities department.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and daily pre-shift check ins with team members.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manage the annual budget for the facilities department.
- Manage the tenant mechanical budgets as needed.
- Take necessary action to ensure budgets are achieved.
- Analyze and provide monthly budget variances.
- Provide corrective action plan for expenditures not meeting budget.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions and trends to maximize the profitability of the community.
- Oversee and ensure the proper upkeep of all onsite facilities including but not limited to cleanliness in all amenity spaces, guest suites, hallways, stairwells, loading docks, bathrooms, and offices.
- Ensure proper and timely waste removal across the property.
- Complete supply orders as necessary to maintain an adequate inventory of cleaning chemicals, paper products, and supplies.
Construction (if applicable)
- Attend all construction training and document procedures.
- Complete construction walks to evaluate all aspects of the community including but not limited to elevators, electrical, backup generators, fire equipment, mechanical equipment, stairwells, HVAC, cooling towers, boilers, make up air handler, etc.
- Complete detail interior walkthrough inspections including units and common areas to check electrical, HVAC, plumbing, lighting and plumbing fixtures, vents, exhaust fans, cabinets, flooring, light switches and all finishes.
- Document all construction inspections, noting construction go backs to report to the Director of Property Management.
- Set up maintenance facilities per OSHA and all safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure service vendors are set up according to Company policy and insurance standards.
- Create and execute PO (purchase order) set up and operations within Entrata Software.
Preventative Maintenance/SafetyOversees and performs all preventative cosmetic and mechanical maintenance as needed; scope of
- work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Create preventative maintenance schedule of all building systems including unit inspections and filter change; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Communicate unit inspections and findings in a timely manner to Property Management as needed.
- Schedule, initiate and ensure the community is compliant with all facility safety and maintenance inspections as necessary; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Review and ensure proper contracts are in place and have been approved by the Property Manager and Director of Property Management; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Keeps all tools and maintenance facilities in proper working condition.
- Conduct regular scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintain and communicate HAZCOM standards. Keep MSDS sheets current and readily accessible.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Maintains accurate records regarding ongoing and concurrent projects.
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance performed; scope of work may include residential and tenant facilities.
- Maintains resident confidentiality in adherence to all federal and local laws.
- Complete Company required continuing education and training courses.
- Uphold the Company standards of professional appearance.
- Use of personal vehicle as needed to assist with facilities requests.
- Flexibility in scheduling which may include nights and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of all manual and electrical hand tools.
- Expert knowledge in user-moved aids such as wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, and double ladders.
- Strong knowledge for proper use of cleaning chemicals for cleaning and personal protective equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical equipment including but not limited to motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Skilled in using measuring devices such as calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
- Skilled in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Excellent word processing and file management skills.
- Proficient with industry property management software. Entrata preferred.
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of building automation systems.
- Must possess the ability to effectively read blueprints.
- The ability to quickly find viable solutions to problems as they arise.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to read, follow instructions and management directive, and understand visual aids.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience -
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Three plus years experience in property maintenance or equivalent.
EPA certification required.
Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
One year experience managing pool chemicals and certification preferred.
CPO certification required.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds, occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Over 150 lbs.- less than 1% of the time
- 75-150 lbs.- occasional need 1% to 33% of the time
- 25-75 lbs.- frequent need 33% to 66% of the time
- 1-25 lbs.- constand need 66% to 100% of the time
- Frequent to constant periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases.
- Must be able to reach above shoulders.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist/turn and reach; bending at the waist.
- Must be able to grasp, grip and turn all handle tools and equipment.
- Work environment will be indoor and outdoor with exposure to extreme weather.
- This position requires the ability to write including inventory maintenance, requisition requests, required maintenance reports.
- This position requires the ability to rotate in an “on call” status.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position.
This position may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of residents, clients and contractors. This position may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
This position will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.