Courtesy Officer - Rainey Property Management, LLC
Job Title: Courtesy Officer
Company Name: Rainey PM
Address: 711 N Euclid Avenue
City: St. Louis
Contact Name: Christine Baird
Benefits and Pay of the Courtesy Officer :
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated salary for this position is 50k.
Sign on bonus opportunity
Reports to: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Manager
Direct Reports: None
As an experienced professional you will:
- Work independently and be able to communicate with Residents, Guests,
Vendor and other Staff in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Employee must possess good communication skills and tact in dealing with
individuals who are not adhering to the property’s rules.
- Circulate throughout property, and laundry rooms
- Report any rule violations
- Detect any suspicious activity and ensure doors and entry points are secure
- Take command and control of disturbances and disruptive behavior, involving
the authorities when required.
- Be unstressed by claiming stairs and/or walking the property.
- Possess good night vision in order to detect activities in the dark.
- Be able to formulate an accurate description of a car, suspect(s) activity and
compile the information in an Incident Report.
- Provide apartment entry to Residents who provide proper identification.
- Notify the PM of any unusual activity or report it directly to the RM, if the PM is
not on duty and readily available.
- Promote a positive relationship with the Residents and other Staff.
- Respond to emergency incidents, fire alarm calls, slips, trips, falls, etc and
conduct preliminary investigations; notify fire and/or other emergency services if
not already summoned; accurately document information, both in written form
and with a camera.
- Report all known Residents without a parking permit to the Leasing Office.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by PM and/or RM.
- Follow safe workplace rules and practices in order to prevent on-the-job injuries.
- Patrolling and monitoring activities on the company’s premises regularly to
discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Evicting trespassers and violators and detaining perpetrators while following
legal protocols before relevant authorities arrive to take over.
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and vehicles
according to protocols
- Monitoring surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations
This will be 24-hour security during the summer and 18 hours during the rest of
the year. Split between 3 positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, schedule is subject to change to cover 24/7
- Ability to resolve resident concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional
- Ability to write and communicate professionally
- Ability to apply sound decision-making
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety
- Must have a valid Driver’s License