Community Manager - The Habitat Company
Community Manager - Apply HERE!
The Habitat Company, LLC is a leader in residential multi-family real estate management and development. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team as we continue to expand and develop our company nationwide. We are a multi-state organization of over 800 team members specializing in the asset management, property management and project management of market rate, affordable rentals, condominiums, public housing and commercial real estate.
At The Habitat Company, we believe that it is the quality and experience of our team members that make a difference. Our professional team provides us with the depth of talent and ability that is so crucial to our success.
Currently, we are looking for a Community Manager for our James House property - 4310 Saint Ferdinand Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63113
The Community Manager is accountable for all property operations. The purpose of the Community Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate team members, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the Regional Manager and Director of Property Operations. These objectives will include maximizing property values and maintenance of the property’s mechanical systems. In addition, the Community Manager will train the Assistant Community Manager to assume all duties in the event of the Community Manager’s absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, fair housing,
- Americans with Disabilities Act and all other laws pertaining to residential units as well as all employment laws
- In conjunction with the Property Supervisor, the Manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year and is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year
- Insure that all assessments and other income are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner; in addition to ensuring that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the Corporate Office on a daily basis
- Enforce collection policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance; responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to Corporate Office for payment
- Maintains the community association’s records
- Responsible for office opening on schedule in accordance to agreed upon hours as set forth by the Board of Directors
- Attends scheduled corporate management meeting or board meetings as required
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, submits required reports to Corporate Office and Board on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare materials for organizing and participating in meetings of the community association, the board, and any committees
- Provide guidance and advice to the board and to the community association on policy issues
- Manage the community association’s employees and contractors
- Ensures that owner files are complete and that the completion of leases is being executed properly
- Purchases office supplies within established budgeted guidelines
- Payroll and invoice processing
- Maintain positive customer service attitude
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain owner’s/resident’s communication, i.e. complaints, service requests
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Corporate Office immediately; ensures that all worker’s compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed
- Prepares and maintains all emergency procedures and plans
- Performs any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Property Supervisor
- Dispute resolution/rules enforcement
- Hires, terminates, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property; this includes new employee indoctrination, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines
- Conducts on-going training with office staff, i.e. paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis
- Maintains accurate payroll records as required by the Company
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accredited resident manager or similar designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field OR two (2) year experience in on-site community management is preferred
- Must have background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishment
- Must have both physical and fiscal building knowledge.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
We operate in an environment where diversity is valued and individual initiative is rewarded. The scale of our portfolio offers challenges and opportunities for individuals who are looking to further their careers with an innovative company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package along with development and growth opportunities.
The Habitat Company is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job description acknowledgement; signature below constitutes team member’s understanding and ability to perform the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Printed Name: ___________________________