Community Director - Vita Residential
Title: Community Director Reports to: Regional Manager or Director of Operations
Position Summary: At Vita Residential, we view the Community Director as the “CEO of the community,” being the eyes and ears for the corporate office as well as investors. This Community Director position is responsible for the overall strategic direction, operation and profitability of our newest community, Jewel Whispering Oaks, in Swansea, IL. Primary duties include managing the day-to-day operations, setting the individual property performance goals, oversight of property compliance, budgeting, marketing, and building/managing an agile on-site team. Responsible for improving community performance, understanding keys for success and ensuring onsite staff collaborates to increase the sustainability of Jewel Summit Pointe in support of Vita’s Purpose Statement and Core Values. Candidate must possess a Positive Winning Attitude!
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to employees.
- Oversee operations, including revenue, expense management, profit and other financial goals while consistently providing residents, vendors, and employees with the highest quality of service and support.
- Manage rent collections, late notices, posting rents, serving 5 Day Pay or Quits and eviction notices, along with managing delinquencies.
- Conduct weekly inspection of property and prepare summary report of property activity, conditions observed and traffic.
- Creates annual performance plans for the onsite staff and evaluates performance throughout the year.
- Treats all residents with the highest level of concern and care, and trains team members to do the same.
- Addresses and resolves any emergencies that may arise.
- Maintains oversight of all main property staff and assigned Community Directors.
- Monitors the operations, maintenance and record keeping of assigned properties to ensure compliance with Federal/State/Local lender/investor, HUD, and related requirements.
- Sets budget/performance targets for Jewel Summit Pointe.
- Develops management plans, monitors monthly financial performance, and assists in creating capital improvement budgets for property, along with all needed financial reports.
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with all external partners, government officials and professional organizations as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in multi-family property management required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting real estate development and multifamily.
- Ability to consistently manage numerous high priority projects at the same time.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff, clients, and other outside contacts.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Fully competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Able to learn new technology systems quickly.
- Proficiency in RealPage, Yardi, ResMan and other industry related software.