Assistant Manager - Terra West
Apartment Assistant Manager Conventional Market Rate New Community:
Responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments.
Wage Status: Hourly $17 to $20 based on experience plus monthly bonuses
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new president’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Typing Renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Accept rental payments/Posts and close out batches upon approval from Community Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on One-Site System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager, that may be outside of normal office hours including but not limited to Saturdays and Sundays.
- Community Newsletter/ Resident Portal
- Social Media Engagement
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Working every other weekend required. (currently we are closed on Sundays, seasonaly)
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Prefers Two (2) year’s experience in previous relevant customer service.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test and background check.
Terra West Values:
In order to achieve success the team member must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.