Are you interesting in discussing a leadership position?
An Informed Board Member is an Effective Board Member:
The board of directors are the main decision-making body of the association; therefore, a board member must be well informed, prudent, and responsive to the needs of the association. To be an effective board member you need to understand the foundation of your duties and responsibilities.
The board must ensure the continuity of the association by:
- Willing to give time and talents to promote the growth and success of the association
- Understands and is committed to the organization's mission
- Ensure the association remains fiscally sound
- Establishing and reviewing policies and procedures that support the association
- Acts as an advocate for the organization, promoting SLAA to members, and most importantly your colleagues
- Works closely with the Association Executive answering industry related questions on an ongoing basis.
- Attends board and committee meetings, actively participating in the conversation and contributing knowledge on behalf of your company
- A strategic planning meeting is typically held in September or October of each year, and attendance is mandatory for all newly elected and remaining board members
- Attend board meetings, which typically take place on the1st Thursday in February, April, June, August, October, and December) either am or pm. The time will be determined 30 – 60 days out
- Typically, in June, the Association Executive will coordinate the mandatory board orientation session.
- With your submission, please include your bio
- Lastly, please tell us why you would like to serve on the SLAA board of directors
Nomination deadline is Monday, February 6. Please return to email@example.com.
The SLAA office will contact you to discuss this further. Those individuals elected to the SLAA board will serve a minimum term of three years beginning May 1, 2023, through April 30, 2026. Elections results will be announced in mid-March.