SLAA offers resume and career opportunity postings for their members. If we can be of assistance, please contact the SLAA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PORTER/GROUNDSKEEPER - Posted on 03/13/2017
Berkshire Communities has an incredible opportunity for a PORTER/GROUNDSKEEPER to join our team at Towne House Apartments
We are seeking a Groundskeeper that is diligent, spirited, energetic, devoted, happy-go-lucky, good sport with incredible attention to detail!
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager, the Porter/Groundskeeper will own and drive assisting the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal for Berkshire Communities
Responsibilities to include:
*Walk property to remove litter
*Assist in maintaining the common and amenity areas neat and free of litter
*Perform "trash out" duties
*Transfer trash to dumpster
*Other maintenance and property needs as requested
***Only applicants that apply online will be considered. Please apply online at:
Maintenance Technician - Posted on 03/13/2017
Berkshire Communities is a national management company that owns and operates more than 90 properties across the US. As a leader in the property management industry for over 4 decades, Berkshire Communities has the one asset that sets us apart from the others --Berkshire people!
Learn the industry from the ground up. Our forward thinking training strategies will give you all the tools and knowledge that you need to
Dream and imagine yourself going to places and conquering challenges that you never thought possible.
Reach and set your sights on the top! Achieve your goals and relish in your success. Berkshire recognizes a job well done and creates a thriving environment for its people.
Explore the possibilities! With our accelerated growth, there are lots of career opportunities in cities across the country.
Must have 1 - 2 years’ experience in Apartment Maintenance
Must live onsite (free apartment)
• Candidates should possess:
• EPA certification Type I and II
• Plumbing/Carpentry/Electrical Repairs/Unit Preparation-Apartment Turns/HVAC experience
• Transportation/valid driver's license
• Pleasant personality and ability to work successfully with residents and employees
• Organize, prioritize and ensure service requests and repairs are made correctly and in timely manner
• On-call responsibility is required (live onsite - free apartment)
• Berkshire offers a competitive salary an exceptional benefits package and spectacular opportunity for growth.
• ***Only applicants that apply online will be considered. Please apply online at: https://re12.ultipro.com/BER1009/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1198
Maintenance Technician - Posted on 03/20/2017
Assist and work with the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager to perform the necessary repairs and preventive maintenance throughout the entire property. This position is responsible for maintenance of the residential apartment homes, public space, outside grounds and equipment.
Each community location has pre-designated office hours which this position will need to accompany to ensure community operations are functioning effectively.
Maintenance Supervisor - Posted on 03/20/2017
StoneCreek Communities is looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for a West County apartment community.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and work at a well-established apartment community. Competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, 401K match and health benefits offered. We are offering a $500 sign on bonus for this position. If interested, please email Manager@ProspectCreekApts.com or call Jessica at 636-227-3955.
At StoneCreek, we take pride in hiring the best associates to provide world-class customer service to our residents. We are seeking a career-minded professional who is motivated by new challenges, who shares our commitment to customer service, and who wants more than just a job. With markets throughout the country and a portfolio of nearly 5,000 units, we have what you need to develop a successful career. We have specialized training classes and development opportunities that will promote your professional growth. We are not just developing, building, and managing apartment communities; we are building a foundation for your career. Please submit your resume and salary history to apply for this position.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. Under direction of the Property Manager, supervises and schedules maintenance activities. The supervisor is a working technician and is expected to carry the workload of one full technician.
a. Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments and move-in/move-outs). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and service request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
b. Communicate assignments and major tasks to employees. Make sure they have all the instructions and resources necessary to complete assignments adequately.
c. Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
d. Provide input to the Property Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents and corrective counseling needs.
2. Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and service requests for occupied apartments.
3. Oversee service request completion and adhere to company policy requiring all requests be completed within 48 hours, with the exception of requests requiring replacement parts.
4. Ensure emergency/priority requests are completed within 24 hours of submission.
5. Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in including the use of outside vendors as needed.
6. Prepare vacant units for move in following company policy of 7 business days for turn units.
7. Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
8. Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report findings to Property Manager. Work to resolve any hazardous conditions immediately.
9. Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment and apartments.
10. Submit supply order requests to Property Manager for review and approval.
11. Responsible for ensuring efficient and courteous response to all resident requests with follow-up calls and excellent customer service.
12. Direct the maintenance team on prioritizing service requests and monitor resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls. Pick up litter on the property and report any capital projects to Property Manager.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred.
• EPA certification Type I and II, Universal preferred.
• CPO (Certified Pool Operator).
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
• At least 4+ years' experience in multifamily maintenance and a supervisory role. - Fast-paced, high energy individual with great attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills using the English language.
• Self-starter who is outgoing, motivated and customer service oriented.
• Must have extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall.
• Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder.
• Ability to supervise and direct maintenance personnel and contracted vendors used on site.
• Ability to handle evening and weekend emergency on-call duty on a 4 week rotation. - Reliable transportation and method of contact.
At StoneCreek our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
• Medical: StoneCreek offers multiple medical plans to choose from for your healthcare coverage.
• Dental: Our dental plans are designed to meet your individual needs.
• Vision: Vision coverage provided is available from both participating and non-participating providers.
• Reimbursement Plans: These Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible healthcare or dependent-care expenses.
• Life Insurance: Help protect your family with company-paid life and AD&D insurance. You may also purchase supplemental and dependent life insurance.
• Disability: Long-term disability is provided at no cost to you. Short-term disability is also available at reasonable rates.
• Employee Assistance Program: You and members of your immediate family are eligible from day one for help with issues affecting your work or personal life. Of course, participation is held in strict confidence.
• 401(k): Contribute pre-tax dollars and choose to invest in any of more than 18 funds, or choose one of the many LifeTime funds available.
• Vacation: You’ll accrue vacation time each pay period. At certain intervals, accruals increase.
• Holidays: Enjoy nine paid holidays per year, plus an additional day for your birthday.
• Apartment Discount: When you work for StoneCreek, you can live with us, too! Take advantage of our StoneCreek apartment discount.
Appliance Installers - Posted on 04/10/2017
Appliance Warehouse is currently seeking motivated individuals for full-time Installer positions to join our team in the St Louis, MO area.
Responsibilities include: Loading vehicles; planning routes; delivering and installing appliances; general warehouse work; completing route paperwork; building relationships with clients.
Requirements and skills include: Previous delivery and installation experience; map reading experience; routing capabilities; intermittent hand truck use and ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; no CDL required, but must be at least 21 years of age per DOT requirements.
Contact Jamie Akers at 816-210-5029 or email@example.com or Dathen Gooch at 918-271-3182 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leasing Professional - Posted on 04/12/2017
The Leasing Professional leases apartments at the highest effective rent level possible, while maintaining a strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy; the LP is aware of company and community policies and is able to explain them to residents and potential residents.
• Follows the Leasing and Marketing Plan and sales strategies to achieve budgeted occupancy; the LP must maintain a thorough product knowledge and develop and awareness of both the property and competitive communities to sell the property and achieve a high level leasing ratio. Assist in preparing the competitive market survey report as needed.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all lease related documents and completes the leasing documents in a timely manner and thorough manner; successfully masters the AMSI system and accurately handles data input and processes in accordance with policy.
• Assists in developing and maintaining accurate resident files in accordance with EdR company policy; assists in achieving a high satisfaction rate with residents and assists in the development of a resident retention/renewal program to achieve optimum rent increases and renewals.
• Conduct tours of the property and sell the property to prospective residents; Follow up on tours and work prospect to lease signing; maintain high close ratio.
• Inspect apartments prior to move-in to ensure market ready status. Greet new residents and assist with the move-in process.
• Assist in the execution of property activities that help create an enjoyable, safe, and positive atmosphere to encourage resident retention; participate in programs and activities to enhance University relationships.
• Successfully complete Fair Housing training and incorporate these regulations into the everyday process of leasing; attends all training sessions as outlined in the requirements and policy and procedure manual.
This position is located at 3949 Apartments: www.3949apartments.com
• Education and Experience – A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of related work experience is required.
• Physical and Environmental – The ability to see, hear, speak, comprehend, and communicate are required. The position may require the ability to physically inspect the properties, construction projects, and portfolio, plus the Leasing Professional must possess any abilities and skills required to carry out the responsibilities outlined above even if not specifically mentioned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
To Apply: Visit http://www.edrtrust.com/index.php/careers
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - Posted on 04/14/2017
City Club Apartments constructs our buildings by assembling a collection of formative, functional and fun spaces that create lasting experiences for our residents and employees.
Come join our team and be a part of the collective experience that we offer by disrupting the real estate market.
We are looking for a skilled, multitalented, high energy Maintenance Technician for our Luxury Apartment Community in downtown St. Louis, MO!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the timely completion of work orders and market ready apartment turnover. They are also responsible for maintaining the physical condition of property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and protecting the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains and cares for equipment as may be necessary for its continuous operation. Completes emergency repairs as may be required to prevent damage or deterioration
• Documents replacement of appliances, carpet, vinyl, water heaters, condensers, etc., in all units. Also tracks systems repairs, apartment painting (full paint or touch-up), refrigerator coil cleaning, and carbon monoxide checks, and other major repairs
• Notes building deficiencies or needs to Supervisor in writing
• Assist with after hour emergency calls (lockouts, plugged toilets, garbage disposals, etc.) after you have been properly trained
• Service and Repairs to include: plumbing, drywall, electrical, steam cleaning, replace lights, re-caulking, wall paper
• Other duties and special projects as assigned within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
• Routine Service Requests are to be completed within 24 hours or within 48 hours when a part is on order or a Contractor is required to complete the request. Follow-up on 5 – 7 Service Requests weekly to measure resident satisfaction
• Each site is to display and complete their site-specific Cleaning Schedules
• High School Diploma required. Trade school education a plus
• A minimum of six (6) months of relevant work experience
• Previous hotel, commercial and/or apartment maintenance experience a must
• Previous plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience preferred
• Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude - pre-employment maintenance test
• Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week, including being “on-call”
• The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with residents, supervisors, other staff and vendors
• Must be able to read service requests and then communicate, in writing, the work that was completed in the unit
• HVAC knowledge and/or certification an asset
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR CITY CLUB APARTMENTS
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Growth Potential
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://www.cityclubaptshr.com
Chief Engineer - Posted on 04/25/2017
Location: Parkview Apartments, St. Louis
Date posted: 4/11/17
Apply here: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6648&jid=442882#.WP4-nfnyuUk
See link below for full description of job requirements.