Celebrating 30 Years
The St. Louis Apartment Association was chartered in 1976 for the purpose of advancing the general welfare of the multi-family housing industry within the Metropolitan St. Louis area.
We strive to accomplish this goal by:
- Developing, organizing and conducting education programs and seminars and other educational forums for the benefit of the members and the industry.
SLAA hosts informational dinner meetings designed to produce maximum benefits to members. They bring you qualified speakers on a variety of topics. View the programs for this year on our Calendar of Events.
SLAA, in conjunction with the National Apartment Association, offers designate programs. These programs are designed to help raise the professionalism in property management and provide better services to apartment renters and owners.
SLAA hosts special events:
- The Educational Fall Showcase and Seminars is offered each year. Educational seminars, networking and the opportunity to meet the people behind the business is what you can expect at this event. Tour a fabulous gallery of displays and meet the vendors from down the street and National vendors from across the country. Seminars for leasing, managers, and maintenance personnel will provide an exciting format.
- In addition, SLAA hosts the Rising Star Awards Banquet each year. This is SLAA's premiere event of the year, giving our members the opportunity to acknowledge the hardworking individuals who make it all happen.
- Participating for the purpose of mutually benefiting all members by the interchange of information and experience.
- Researching, developing, publishing, and disseminating of information and data on the multi-family housing industry.
A survey conducted throughout the St. Louis area that addresses occupancy, rent levels, concessions, and other trends that affect the property management industry. The results of our annual survey is available upon request.
- Encouraging within the industry a high appreciation of the objectives and responsibilities of the multi-family housing developers, owners, and operators in providing adequate housing.
- Promoting the enactment and enforcement of local, state, and federal laws and regulations beneficial to the multi-housing industry and free enterprise.
Through its Legislative Committee, SLAA is keeping members informed of proposed changes in laws that will directly affect your property. We monitor relevant issues, property taxation, building codes and restrictions and landlord/tenant relationships.
- Advocating high professional standards and sound business methods among its members for the best interests of the industry and the public.
- Functioning cooperatively with the National Apartment Association and the Missouri Apartment Association. No individual owner or manager, by himself or herself, could afford to spend the time or money necessary to undertake the services offered by the St. Louis Apartment Association. You have the benefit of a competent group of officers and staff, experienced and familiar with the legislative procedures and means to mobilize resources and talent. Equally important is your active role as a member, giving you a voice in the development of programs, and advancing the interest of your property and business.